Panasonic GH2

Best 720p hack?

Justin Bernklau

Justin Bernklau Plus

What in your own opinion would be the best hack for 720p 60fps on the GH2?

Due to the fact that the hacks are constantly being changed/tested, I can not find the best hack for my needs. Ideally, I would like to obtain a high detail and little motion blur image from a 720p 60fps file that will be conformed to 24fps.

Has anyone done any extensive testing with the latest Driftwood hacks in slow motion?

Thank you

Peter Hauke

Peter Hauke

hey, I film a lot of action sports, mostly freestlye skiing, so I use the 720p for slow mo as well. One thing that I recently did is to switch my camera from ntsc to PAL with the hack. this allows me to record 720 50p intra, instead of 720 60p GOP3 (I conform everything to 24p, then set speed according to whether I want slow or normal motion). I still need to test it, but from what i have seen from other patches, it should lead to improved motion quality. Also, make sure you are using a fast enough shutter, the 180 rule doesn't really apply when you want to slow it down, because you want it to be crisp. play around with it, but definitely use a higher (200+) shutter

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups