The project is a research and demonstration project of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) under the research program "Research for the Sustainable Development of Megacities of Tomorrow - Energy- and Climate-Efficient Structures in Urban Growth Centres" of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Solid Waste Management in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
• Rapidly growing cities are generating increasing volumes of waste
• The effectiveness of solid waste collection and disposal systems cannot keep pace
• The recycling sector is underdeveloped
• Waste valorisation can mitigate emissions and contribute to environmental protection and sustainable development
To generate income through recycling valuable waste fractions and using organic waste, thereby reducing greenhouse gases from dumpsites.
• Methodology for data collection on waste quantities and quality
• Model-based strategic planning for sustainable solid waste management
• Adapted occupational safety & health standards and solutions
• Market studies and business guidelines for recycling products
• Business improvement of a paper recycling manufactory
• Implementation projects for separate
collection at source, biogas facility, charcoal
briquettes from organic wastes, composting, school biogas-latrine
• Training modules for WEEE collection and dismantling
• Closing material cycles for erosion prevention combined with energy crop production
• Obstacle based transfer analysis methodology for technologies or methods
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?