The project is a research and demonstration project of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) under the research program "Research for the Sustainable Development of Megacities of Tomorrow - Energy- and Climate-Efficient Structures in Urban Growth Centres" of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Urban Agriculture in Casablanca, Morocco
• Rapid urban growth is reducing and fragmenting agricultural land within the city region
• Conventional planning tends to neglect agriculture and open space as valuable resources and parts of the regional land use structure
• Informal development further contributes to the fragmentation of land us patterns and the reduction of open space
• Low awareness of the potential of urban agriculture for a productive green infra- structure and sustainable food supply
To demonstrate the extent to which urban agriculture can make a contribution to resourceful and climate sensitive growth of urban agglomerations through qualied urban-rural relationships.
• Action Plan for integrating urban agriculture into the urban development process
• Design solutions for multifunctional space systems
• Models on climate, water balance, air quality and flooding as a basis for informed decision-making
• Experimental plants for industrial waste water treatment and re-use
• Concepts for peri-urban tourism
• Approaches for a healthy food production
• Urban agriculture as an integrated element in informal settlements
• Awareness raising, capacity building and dissemination strategy
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?