Kodak HD

How to provide vimeo credentials using ArcSoft MediaImpression

Pieter Viljoen

Pieter Viljoen

Hi

I just got a Zi8, and am using the included ArcSoft MediaImpression for Kodak software.

I am trying to upload clips to Vimeo, but I can't find anyway to login.
The vimeo upload page has a login button, but does not ask for my credentials?

How do I provide my vimeo credentials?

P.

Nick Staib

Nick Staib

Hi Pieter - I am assuming that you registered already? If so you will have a Vimeo 'home page' from which to administer your videos? If you are registered and logged on there is also a large Upload 'button' on the home page of vimeo.com. Cheers!

Pieter Viljoen

Pieter Viljoen

Nick, thanks, but I think you misunderstood, or I was not clear.

I have a Vimeo Plus account, just bought a Kodak Zi8, trying to use ArcSoft to upload Zi8 videos to vimeo.
Using the ArcSoft software I select upload to vimeo, on that page (in the ArcSoft software), is a login button, when I click the button nothing happens, and the page says working offline.

The ArcSoft docs says that when I press the login button a web page is supposed to open where I login, this does not happen.

How do I login to vimeo using the ArcSoft software?

Nick Staib

Nick Staib

Ah! OK - then I'm not sure. I too edit the film in ArcSoft, but then save it to my PC. I then upload the saved film directly (using Vimeo) from the PC - I don't do it 'via' the ArcSoft software, if that all makes sense?! I (now) understand your question but don't have an answer - yet :-)

RedAlert

RedAlert Plus

Pieter,
just in case ... if you have some anti-popup addon to your browser or other related software, make sure it is turned off before you press the login button.
Hope this does the trick.
Mike

MikeandValery May

MikeandValery May

Same thing here... the login doesn't work with Vimeo. The other 'upload to' sites go to a login page. Has nothing to do with pop-ups.. the logging in is not taking place inside a browser.

Michael Alden

Michael Alden Plus

I am having the same problem, the ArcSoft software works fine for editing but when you click on the upload to Vimeo, nothing happens. I tried turning off the pop up blocker.

I also tried saving my files to my computer (where they play just fine) and then uploading these via vimeo directly (as I do for my FlipHD.) But the files from the zi8 will not upload to vimeo. I have left a 3 minute clip uploading for 18 hours and it wont finish uploading. What do I need to do?

The camera and software is great, but if I can't upload to vimeo easily with it then I will have to go back to the Flip.

Cheers

Mark Rosenzweig

Mark Rosenzweig PRO

Obviously you can directly upload Zi8 HD files (in mov and other converted formats) to Vimeo. There are hundreds of Zi8 HD videos on this site right now that were uploaded. So you are doing something wrong - you are on the right track uploading directly from the computer to Vimeo rather than using any software as an intermediary. Try uploading your clip again, maybe from another computer.

MikeandValery May

MikeandValery May

Uploading outside of ArcSoft works fine, it would just be nice to click on the Upload to Vimeo button inside of ArcSoft and have that work... like it does for the other sites that have Upload To buttons inside the software.

Elyn MacInnis

Elyn MacInnis

I have the same problem. Still. After 2 years no one from Kodak has tried to fix this? It eternally says I am offline.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups