REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!!!
First Annual Metameets Conference, Amsterdam
Friday, May 22 – Sunday, May 24 2009
MetaMeets09: A European conference addressing the present and future of user-created virtual worlds such as Second Life, Active Worlds, OpenSim and more....
What is it about?
World-wide citizens from virtual environments will meet in person at the conference as well as at our cross-media events. Our speakers will cover a range of topics including business, education, non-profit organization and cultural projects. Our aim is to exchange information and experience with a common goal. We are offering our conference participants the opportunity to build bridges among diverse virtual worlds. We welcome those keen upon illustrating the time-saving, cost-reducing and community engagement benefits.
This conference also offers visitors without experience in virtual worlds the possibility to get to know this new kind of media and environment.
Speakers include :
- Katrin Janssen (European Business Programs Specialist, Linden Lab)
- Tim Gorree (Nokia - IT Architect )
- Robert Bloomsfield (Cornell University, Metanomics)
- Robert Thomas (Composer, Dizzy Banjo Music & Sound)
- Yesha Sivan (Metaverse Labs Ltd. & Shenkar College)
- Kevin Tweedy (OpenSim Consultant, XRGrid.com)
- Kevin Feenan (Dean of Rockcliffe University)
- Hein de Graaf (Social-Psychologist)
- Emmanuel Gruijs (CEO of Active Worlds Europe)
- Justin Bovington ( CEO of RRR/Immersive Workspaces)
- John Mahon (Dublin in SL)
- Jules Vos (CEO of Visibuild)
- Marcus Kretschmer (BDG Virtual Business Limited)
- Chantal Gerads (Machinama maker)
- Viola van Alphen (PLANETART)
Where is the Venue?
Pakhuis de Zwijger , Amsterdam, Netherlands (ovb)
What are we planning?
Given that we are a handful of dedicated people that wish to bring together the community on a non-commercial basis in virtual worlds, we are not going to be able to offer a full blown luxurious five-star experience. However, we have taken on the job to find an easy, accessible location in Amsterdam, have created a website, brought in sponsors and are getting you, the participants, fired up! We do have lots of ideas on how to make those three days informative and fun filled!
The MetaMeets 09 Conference will feature the following important themes:
Total confusion: Avatar Behaviour
Culture and Arts
To read more about the tracks see the programme page.
What can we do for you?
The businesses and organizations giving conferences at MetaMeets09 will discuss their involvement in virtual worlds and will be sharing their ideas for business plans and community involvement.We would like to know which type of virtual worlds you and your company or organization are interested in. Given the fact that over a billion people are involved in virtual environments, and over 600 million US dollars per year are spent on investment, we are seeing exponential rate growth and we are very excited about sharing this information with those attending the conference as well as in world.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?