Stop Motion & Animation!

Technical: Eos 1Ds Mark II for Stop Motion Animation

Eleni Parousi

Eleni Parousi

Hello everyone,
I am very new in this group, so apologies if it is not quite the right place for technical questions. You could just ignore it!

I am shooting a stop motion claymation using the Canon EOS 1Ds Mark II. The quality of the images is amazing but the only problem is that it doesn't have live view. This means that none of the sto motion animation softwares I have come across support it. So I cannot control the camera from the computer and haven't found a way to attach it to a monitor.
I am currently constantly transferring images on the computer to make sure all the shots are good and basically shoot blind in between and pray for the best! It is rather time consuming and risky!

Does anyone know how I can attach this camera to a monitor to at least check my framing, lighting focus? Is anyone aware of a software that recognises this camera for stop motion animation? Has anyone else used this camera for stop-motion, and how did you overcome these problems?
Thank you all!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups