A look around Craigmillar Castle (summer 2012).
Located 3 miles / 4.8km south west of Edinburgh.
The Tower House, which forms the core of the castle dates from around 1400, so this castle has a long history.
Expanded up till the mid/late 1600s, however in the early 1700s the Gilmours (the owners at the time) left and the castle was never re-occupied.
By 1775 it was in ruin.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?