Wedding Cinema

need tips and suggestions

David. C

David. C

just getting into this business, got a canon t2i dslr camera with a 50mm f1.8 lens (for now) lens...i am shooting my first wedding on the 19th of this month. I've shot before with a friend but i want to branch out on my own... could use any techniques you guys would suggest...thanks....

A Delightful Concept

A Delightful Concept

I've experienced overheating issues with that camera and you might want to take that into consideration. Having your friend as a second shooter is ideal. I would also suggest the 70-200mm 2.8 lens for tighter shots during the ceremony if you can't get close. The Manfrotto video monopod is also a great tool to use. The 1.8 is great for low light during the reception. Lastly, bring extra batteries and have fun.

David. C

David. C

thank you....i experienced overheating the last wedding i did, it was a catholic wedding and the ceremony was long, it was my second longest wedding ever..hahaha...the one coming up is going to be 20 mins max at the beach, i do have a mono-pod (not Manfrotto) and a total of two batteries....the lens might have to wait until i am able to get some $$$...thanks again for the reply.

TorresFilmes

TorresFilmes PRO

for wedding:
Sony Alpha 77 (5 batteries)
Sony VG20 (2 batteries)
Sony Alpha 16-50 2.8
CZ 85mm 1.4
Fisheye Sigma 10mm 2.8
Fluid Video Monopod W/Head
Glidetrack Shooter Slide
Manfrotto LED Light
Zoom H4n

Also i have:
70-400g
30mm 2.8 Macro
Manfrotto 055xdb with rc3head.
Led Pro with 2 batteries
Stand

Daniel Inzitari

Daniel Inzitari Plus

You really need to consider getting a proper camera & lenses for wedding videography, I recommend picking up a used vg10 w/ kit lens, 50mm & the tamron 28-70 2.8 zoom....until you can afford something better.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups