Vimeo Weekend Challenge

Challenge: 2012 Memory Bank

Blake Whitman

Blake Whitman Staff

Welcome to 2013! Did I hear you say "what better time to think about the past year and clean out my hard drive a little"? You've read my mind!

Thanks to technology and magic, we have more devices with enough digital storage to shoot whatever we want, whenever we want. A side effect is that there is more extra footage than ever before, so we'd like you to dig through all of the clips that didn't make it last year and give some of them a spot in your 2012 Memory Bank!

For more about Memory Banks, and some creative ideas and inspiration, check out the full Challenge here: vimeo.com/videoschool/lesson/334/challenge-2012-memory-bank

Take a look at this video by Daniel Kwan, and you'll see how exciting someone else's life can be: vimeo.com/56775813

The rules for this Challenge are as follows:

+ Use whatever extra footage you've shot in 2012 to create your final video.
+ Keep your video under 5 minutes long.
+ Only videos that fit this Challenge may be submitted. If you made a video at the end of the year that qualifies, let's see it!
+ Your video must be added to the Weekend Project Group by Tuesday, January 15th at 11:59 PM EST

Weekend Projects will be incorporated into Vimeo Video School as our curriculum grows! That means there will be more projects, more ways to participate, and lots more fun.

The winner of this Challenge will receive a free Vimeo Plus account for one year! If you’re already a Plus member, you can gift the Plus account to whomever you choose and we’ll give you an extra 5GB of weekly upload space for your account. The runner-up will receive an extra 3GB of upload space, Plus account or not. Please note: The Vimeo Staff must review your submissions before they appear in the Group, so if you don't see your video in there right away, don't fret!

Take some time to hunt through all the extra stuff on your iPhone this weekend and make something awesome. Can't wait to see what the past year was like for you, my fellow Vimean!

Cameron Christopher

Cameron Christopher Staff

Hey everybody,

There was so much to watch this week! Thanks for sharing your Memory Banks, and letting us glimpse into the awesome that was your 2012.

As always, it was terribly hard to choose, but our Best in Show this week is Matt Sears for his video 2012 - Memories, which had a trance-like quality that had me questioning my identity. Am I Matt Sears, and did I have this rad year?

vimeo.com/57330916

The Runner up is Neil Asher with 20:TWELVE - Memory Box, rocking my nostalgic socks off.

vimeo.com/57331736

Honorable mention to Justin Besser for his video moment.

vimeo.com/57196534

Thanks again, folks! I can't wait to see what you do for the next Challenge!

Nathalia Castro

Nathalia Castro

Done!
it was quite fun to see all that again... haha

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.

This is a Vimeo Group. Groups allow you to create mini communities around the things you like. Check out other interesting groups. Groups