• Work directly with client and use skill, judgment and discretion to plan and develop video concept, schedule, logistics, etc.; identify appropriate scenes, interviews, testimonials, and/or other elements to include; and determine the best production techniques and the best types of gear to use.
• Develop video outline and/or storyboard when necessary.
• Write and revise scripts that are creative, entertaining and informative, and fulfill the client’s goals.
• Choose and/or recommend to client the necessary peripherals including: actors, voice-over artist, locations, props, makeup, etc.
• Direct crew during on-location videography.
• Direct crew and/or serve as show producer for a/v events.
• Develop appropriate questions, and ask those questions to elicit the appropriate on-camera comments for use in the video.
• Edit the video or supervise the editing of the video.
• Be inventive, imaginative and original to produce a creative script and video that both meets the client’s goals and entertains, educates or motivates viewers.