J-Lab: The Institute for Interactive Journalism helps news organizations and citizens use new information ideas and innovative computer technologies to develop new ways for people to engage in critical public policy issues.
It spotlights dynamic news experiences and helps to develop interactive news ideas that not only educate people about public affairs but also invite their participation.
It rewards cutting-edge innovations through the Knight-Batten Award for Innovations in Journalism funded by the Knight Foundation. It spotlights the creative assets of women with the McCormick Tribune New Media Women project. It funds pioneering hyperlocal citizen media ventures through its New Voices project and administers the Knight Citizen News Network.
* New Voices, offering start-up grants to new citizen media projects. j-newvoices.org
* J-Learning, a how-to site for community publishing. j-learning.org
* Knight Citizen News Network, helping citizens and journalists amplify community news. kcnn.org
* McCormick Tribune New Media Women Entrepreneurs, addressing issues of opportunity and innovation, recruitment and retention for women in journalism. newmediawomen.org
- J-Lab - The Institute for Interactive Journalism
Subrata Ghosal commented on Want to Truly Understand and Engage Your Audience? Tips and Tricks for Today’s Online World - Vanessa Fox
This Video is GREAT!! The presentation was very good except, we can't see the presentation screen. There were some pops as well, while she smiles over the microphone. Anyways, Thanks for sharing!!