Architect, pianist, composer and graphic designer, Lucio Arese started a career as a videographer and independent filmmaker in 2008.
In his work he explores the possibilities given by the union of images, motion and music in a thoughtful and personal way.
He has worked for artists, labels and brands such as Ametsub, Yu Miyashita, Jimmy Edgar, Director X, Mille Plateaux, Lutimedia, Onitsuka Tiger and Asics.
His works have been screened worldwide into the most important festivals dedicated to digital arts, such as onedotzero - Adventures in Motion, Ars Electronica, SIGGRAPH and many others.
He was one of the 19 directors selected for the Saatchi New Directors Showcase 2013, held at the Cannes Lions festival.
He's born in 1981 and lives in Cuneo, Italy.
Screenings and showcases:
- Saatchi New Directors Showcase, Cannes, France, 2013
- Melbourne International Animation Festival, Melbourne, Australia, 2013
- CINETORO International Film Festival, Cali, Colombia, 2012
- SIGGRAPH Asia Computer Animation Festival, Singapore, 2012
- ArtFutura, Montevideo, Uruguay, 2012
- Pause Festival, Melbourne, Australia, 2012
- Ottawa International Animation Festival, Ottawa, Canada, 2012
- BUG Music Videos @ BFI, London, England, 2012
- Supertoon International Animation Festival, Bol, Croatia, 2012
- Ars Electronica Animation Festival, Linz, Austria, 2011
- Supertoon International Animation Festival, Bol, Croatia, 2011
- onedotzero Adventures in Motion festival, London, England, 2010
- Technodrome Festival, Delhi, India, 2010
- Espora Colectivo, San Miguel Allende, Mexico, 2010
- Brainfeeder Future Cinema series, Los Angeles, US, 2009
- Austin Museum of Digital Arts, Austin, US, 2009