Expertise in the intersection of entertainment, technology and business.
Skills achieved in the film & digital for feature film, commercials, documentaries, music videos.
Consultant for post-production systems, quotes, reservations, sheets, managing director and general manager
Camera assistant and photographer.
Film editor assistant, film editor, post-production management, technical director, project manager, post-production supervisor, DI supervisor, VFX coordinator, VFX supervisor, VFX producer, VFX executive producer, on set supervisor, director for commercials, art director and CGI/VFX creative director.
• Knowledge of editing and management of the post-production in feature films, advertisings, documentaries and music videos.
• Analogical film process skills and forerunner of the digital process.
• Creative and technical skills.
• Management of a VFX projects , form the idea to the execution.
• Management of the technical-artistic staff.
• Excellent communication and staff management skills.
• Ability to guide and lead a team getting the best result.
• Deep understanding of all aspects of film theory.
• Great aesthetic sense.
• Precise prevision of the time and costs associated with a project.
• Problem solving.
• Management of the the bidding and negotiation processes.
• Post-production pipeline, techniques and software.
• Development of story and storyboard.
• Consulting to the Art Director in the conception phase of the commercial.
• Consulting to the director and DOP about the shooting with VFX.
• Animatic, previsualization.
• Set extensions and matte painting.
• Digital animation
• Special effects
• 2D/3D Tracking, Compositing
• 3D stereo
COMPANY: Studio 2B:
ROLE: Assistant photographer in studio, camera assistant at the newsreel camera
TASKS: Case holder, Camera assistant
ROLE: assistant editor in moviola 35mm - 16mm
TASKS: cleaning moviola, sync audio and second assistant editor.
1979 - 1982
COMPANY: Green Movie
ROLE: assistant film editor/film editor in moviola 35mm-16mm.
TASKS: post-production management , supervising, quotes, reservations, cost estimation and sheet.
EDITING: editing video, ADR/dialogue editor, sound FX editing.
FILM LAB: offline for negative cut, Truka data sheet, color correction in film grading, visioning standard copies in projection and color correction in Telecinema.
AUDIO: voice casting and management, sound design e sync audio, dubbing director and mix supervisor.
FILM PRODUCTIONS: FILM’77
1983 – 1992
FILM EDITOR FREELANCE
ROLE: editing in moviola 35mm – 16mm – Avid MC (1989)
TASKS: post-production management , bookings, quotations and final balances.
EDITING - 35/16MM FLAT TABLE, AVID MC: editing video, ADR/dialogue editor and sound FX editing.
FILM LAB: Offline for negative cut, Truka data sheet, color correction in film grading, visioning standard copies in projection, color correction in Telecinema.
AUDIO: voice casting, sound design and sync audio, dubbing director and mix supervisor.
FILM PRODUCTIONS: Primo piano, Filmmaster, Brw, Multifilm, Cooper group and FH
KEY FACTOR: first Avid editor in Italy (1989)
1983 – 1992
FREELANCE CONSULTANT, ART DIRECTOR
ROLE: Art director
TASKS: Conception of advertising campaigns and director.
MAIN ADVERTISING: Golia "Orchestra leader", Sangemini, Viva la vita, Boario, Selvaggia shoes and Parmalat mister day.
AGENCIES: Michele Rizzi e associati
FILM PRODUCTIONS: Primo Piano
1989 – 1992
ROLE: editing consultant, demo artist and trainer.
TASKS: evaluation systems, software development &fixing bugs, exhibitions Nab&Ibc, Ibts.
NLE OFFLINE SOFTWARE: Avid, EditDroid, EMC2, Montage and FilmLight.
NLE ONLINE SOFTWARE: Discreet flame, Softimage DS, Quantel Harry, Henry, Matrox studio.
3D SOFTWARE: Microsoft softimage, Alias and Wavefront.
PAINTING/COMPOSITING SOFTWARE: Softimage Eddie, Discreet Flint, Parallax Advance/Matador.
MAIN CUSTOMERS: Techexport and Avid technology.
1992 – Today
CEO RUMBLEFISH VFX
ROLE: general manager, senior editor&editing supervisor, post-production supervisor, post-production&DI supervisor, senior film editor, creative executive producer, VFX executive producer, VFX supervisor and VFX creative director.
TASKS: management and supervision on the creative and technical execution of the advertising and film projects, from the idea to the production (editing, color correction, 3D stereo, CGI and VFX).
- collaborates with Discreet Logic to develop Flint and Flame softwares for the compositing (1992)
- collaborates with MTV Italy creating the figure of the “designer” for television (1999)
- first commercial created in live action/CGI (Loacker - 2000)
- first digital intermediate film in Italy (Honolulu baby – 2000)
- nomination at the David Donatello for the Best Editing (Honolulu baby - 2000)
- first HD feature film (Scacco Pazzo – 2003)
- operations Sky partner to launch Sky Sport and Sky Cinema channels (2003)
- first to create a Volkswagen auto in CGI (VW Polo – 2006)
- operations partner to launch the All music channel (2006)
- first film scanner in Italy (Arriscan – 2008)
- first color grading system NLE in Italy (Da Vinci Resolve – 2009)
- nomination at HPA Hollywood for outstanding color grading television (4 single fathers - 2009)
- first San in Italy (DVS – 2009)
- creation of a pipeline in 2K/HD DPX/LOG (2009)
- first short film in 3D stereo (Il Volo – 2009)
- first to work with Raw files with Nucoda Fuse (2011)
- unique in Italy to have a Barco 2K projector (2011)
- first feature film in 3D stereo in Italy (Ligabue “Campovolo” – 2011).
- restoration in 4k of the film “Soap thieves” by Maurizio Nichetti (2012)