Mathew Beckett is a Director film maker, DoP, professional musician/sound artist and creative advocate with broadcast and feature film credits. Working from the US to the UK and around the world, Mathew has a technically focused and exciting approach to more left-field artistic creative activity that often links film, music and other art forms. Mathew is the owner of the film production company 'River Rea Films'.
Having come some way from his first job as the guy who made tea for the guys who made tea for people at Pinewood Studios Mathew Beckett now aspires to tell the most compelling of stories through subtle yet beautiful cinematography.
- West Midlands Dance - ACE Dance and Music dance film
- Glastonbury Festival Timelapse - Timelapse footage of the Block 9 field at Glastonbury festival shot and edited by Mathew Beckett and broadcast on the BBC and Channel 4
- Boys Dancing - making dance films for the Cultural Olympiad
- Urban Art - Billboard Project
- Welsh National Opera work - responding to a new opera
- Public Art - commissioned by the innovative Birmingham based arts company EC Arts, this site showcases some of Mathew's artistic documentary film work
- Sound design - As a sound designer and musician Mathew has worked with many arts companies around the UK to create sound work for exhibitions and performances
- Screen Juniors - Based at 'mac Birmingham' Screen Juniors is a film school project engaging children in an exciting 'Green screen' film school project
- Audio/Visaul work in schools - Using podcasting, photography and film this project shows how disengaged young people can re-engage in learning through creative activities
- The Welsh National Opera
- The Black Country Dance Hub - working with Frontline Dance and 16 special schools to create a suite of dance films for 2014
- After the Event - music for a live show
- The StringCredibles!
- Boys Dancing
- Warwick Arts Centre