Michael Salami (pronounced Salami, like the sausage) was born in Atlanta Georgia, USA.
Growing up as a child Michael Salami loved to perform. Very creative and always trying to be the centre of attention, the clown in the class. He grew up watching programmes like Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Martin Lawrence, Bill Cosby, One on One, Sister Sister and My wife and Kids, which influenced Michael Majorly. He began to take interest in acting and using it to make people laugh. Michael went on to being a top drama student in school, studying a college course in performing arts two years early, whilst still in secondary school. He left with a Distinction and got an A* in GCSE Drama, as well as his other 8 A*-B grades. Michael then went on to study Drama A levels achieving an A Grade. At this point Michael realized you can get paid to do something you love and it was from then, Michael decide to get some training and joint Identity Drama group for weekend training.
Michael continued training, joining different drama groups and workshops in London. In 2011 through a lot of hard work and struggle. Michael went on to start playing lead roles in theatre productions. Performing at Oval Theatre, Lyric Theatre, Bush Theatre, Soho Theatre, Lost Theatre, Y- Theatre and Jeremy Street Theatre. In 2012 Michael then went onto screen and film, working on award winning shorts, feature films, TV and a lot of Online content. Such as Phoneshop, Illegal Activity. Mandem On The Wall, Spin UK, Friday UK to name a few.
• Salami made it to the BBC NBF semi-finals, final 20 out of thousands of hopefuls
• Two time MonologueSlam UK Winner
• Screen Nation digital-is award nominee for Best Male Actor 2013
TimeLine of Achievement:
• Salami has worked with KATIE SWINDON producer of Glee, Luther, Top Boy and This is England for 6 weeks on creating a treatment to pitch to Sky Commissioner CAMERON ROACH.
• For the past year Salami has been hosting a event called Latimer Talk, speaking and creating contacts with Top Industry professionals like:
• OTTO BATHURST (Director Peaky Blinders)
• PENNY WOOLCOCK (Bafta director),
• KIM CATTRALL (Sex and the city),
• EMMA COOPER (C4 commissioner),
• PRYIA SINGH (ITV Commissioner),
• WILL PACKER (Hollywood Producer),
• TIM STORY (Hollywood Director),
• SIMON OAKES ( Hammer Films CEO and the Woman in Black producer ),
• CHRIS DEMPSEY (Sony Music Marketing Manager)
• DERREN LAWFORD (London Live Commissioner)
Salami recently auditioned for Old Vic New Voices Community Company and out of 1218 people Salami made it to the final cast and will be performing at Old Vic Theatre in Mid July.
- Michael Salami Website - Underconstrution