SINGER/SONGWRITER - AMERICANA - ACOUSTIC
Call it what you want!
The songs are often written on trains, in cars, on the back of sick bags on planes, in restaurants, on the street in Paris, on the beach and in rooms, towns and moments in time that inspire.
Straight from the heart songs, storytelling and Americana style gives an immensely interesting and lively combination.
• are often written on trains, in cars, on the back of sick bags on planes, in restaurants, on the street in Paris, on the beach and in rooms, towns, hotels and moments in time that inspire him.
• are about life, people he knows, people he doesn’t know, cars, towns, lost love, love won, girls, trains, streets, houses and lonely girls.
• are sometimes abstract, sometimes crystal clear, sometimes mystical but nearly always close to the bone …. or the heart … or both.
• for example the song SIXTEEN is based around a 2 second glimpse of a girl on a train out of London. In the song she has been thrown out of “something turning bad” and stands facing a new life somewhere else … anywhere else than here. The song was finished before the train reached its destination and it leaves you wondering what happened to the girl called Sixteen.
• are always changing in the set list because there are literally hundreds of them and they come and go, drifting in and out of the set list to fit the mood of the night.
• the acoustic guitar combination with the upright bass gives a crystal clear definition with a beautifully complex deep foundation that builds an intriguingly intense soundscape background for Nigel Ray Beck’s songs and intensely intimate vocals. The instruments intertwine in a deeply bound knot of sound and vision but still leave a lot of room for the voice … the story.
• is always unique, never the same. Nothing is planned, which provides a tanning bed for emotion, density, nerve and heartfelt emotion. Nigel Ray Beck, Henrik Carstens & Kirstine Hansen work closely together on-stage to re-create the songs where improvisation is the subtle key to their unique performance combined with storytelling that provides the backdrop for the audience.
Real music, that has a unique heartbeat and nerve.