Webinar recordings from CAAVIC from 2013.
All webinars were allocated 1 CPD FLA point, in Australia.
Once you have watched the webinar, CAAVIC will be notified and will issue a CPD certificate of attendance.
Please note, CAAVIC relies on statistics and google analytics to ensure that CPD activities have been complied with. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
- Neuropathic v Somatic Leg Pain 59 mins
• Mental tools you can use for solving clinical cases.
• A deeper understanding of the neurological mechanisms underpinning chiropractic treatment
• A simple formula for communicating your diagnosis and the basis for your treatment approach
• Important skills that will help open the door to referral relationships and build your professional reputation
1. Understand the mechanisms responsible for leg pain arising from lumbar spine structures
2. Differentiate between somatic and neuropathic leg pain
3. Clinically reason as to how manipulation could be of benefit for lumbar radiculopathy
4. Effectively communicate your management of acute lumbar radiculopathy to a general practitioner
1. Understand the major causes of dizziness and vertigo.
2. Understand the key clinical distinctions that you must make quickly.
3. Explain how cervical adjustment could be of benefit to a patient
suffering dizziness and vertigo.
4. Effectively communicate your management of cervicogenic dizziness
and benign positional vertigo to a general practitioner.
Better understand the neurology of pain and suffering in our patients.
Know how acute pain differs from chronic pain
How does the neural circuitry in the spinal cord and brain of our patients change when they are in pain?
How does manipulation and adjustment influence the spinal cord and brain in these patients?
Thousands of our patients consult us to treat poor posture and resultant back, neck and peripheral limb pain.
Physios and OTs currently go into the workplace and perform ergonomic assessments. Chiropractors should and can be doing these assessments and not only open a new income stream, but increase the public perception of our knowledge, skill and expertise.
o Background of OHS legislation & regulations
o Learn a protocol step by step for correct workstation setup
o Learn to adjust the working environment to treat and rehabilitate pain caused from sitting
o Effectively treat carpal tunnel, epicondylitis, tendonitis, and tenosynovitis by changing workstation environment and work tools.
o Recommend required changes of equipment to enhance your clinical treatment.
Provide your patients with the best of care by using MRI.
Dr Andrew Rotstein from Victoria House Medical Imaging provides an introductory lecture on MRI of the lumbar spine.
Learn the pathogenesis and MRI findings present in many common and important lumbar spine
Gain confidence to form a reasonable differential diagnostic list.
Learn how simple it is to refer and view MRIs of your patients through the digital system.