Full Name: Rodolfo Pereira
Mailing Address: 6100 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
Phone Number: Day: (301) 814-0773
Evening :(301) 652-7191
Email address: email@example.com
12/2008 – Present World Bank Group
External Affairs & Corporate Communications
• Responsible for conceiving, planning and executing new communication strategies to outreach global audiences and Bank’s stakeholders. In charge of launching a regional media campaign to disseminate the results of the flagship publication “Low Carbon, High Growth”, in Mexico, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Brazil.
9/2007 – 11/2008 Links Media. 707 Conservation Lane, Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Sr. Public Relations and Media Relations Specialist
• Responsible for conceiving, planning and executing a comprehensive communications plan including video, digital and print media for Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Medical Center (LAC+USC) in Los Angeles, USA, managing a budget of + US$ 1 million.
• In charge of providing strategic communications plans to our clients; conceiving, planning and executing media plans; developing communications programs to disseminate their corporate image among internal an external audiences; conducting public relations initiatives to move public opinion while increasing client’s brand knowledge and awareness.
• Among our clients were the US Agency of International Development (USAID), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), the Smithsonian Institution, and the National Institutes of Health. Clients were based in the United States, Latin American and Caribbean countries, 5+ nations in Africa, Asia, Middle East and the Pacific.
1/2007 – 12/2007 Media Relations and Communications Advisor for various organizations, such us Government of Argentina, Pan-American Health Organization, Human Rights Watch and others.
7/2003 – 12/2006 Embassy of Peru, 1700 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 20016.
• Responsible for producing, overall quality control and related content, for the embassy’s daily digital newsletter, reaching an international audience of 30,000 subscribers.
• Developing, researching, planning, writing, and producing a bilingual official Web Page for the Embassy of Peru (Google’s Page Rank 6/10) with more than 1 million hits per month (peruvianembassy.us/)
• In charge of all external profile, raising efforts to attain the goals of the embassy’s ambitious strategic plan. Responsible for strategic and tactical planning to advance Peruvian Government’s foreign policy goals. Conducts press briefings for domestic and foreign press corps. Produces Video News Releases broadcasted via satellite to Peruvian stations nationwide. Writes and produces Press Releases. Daily interaction with all press offices of the Government of Peru and the US.
09/2002– 6/2003 Presidency of Peru. Palacio de Gobierno. Plaza Mayor, s/n, Lima Peru.
Press Secretary to the President of Peru
• Responsible for overall branding, positioning and messaging of the President of Peru. Responsible for formulating, directing and implementing messages reflecting the government’s position on key issues. Provided leadership for all government press offices as well as for the National News Broadcasting Service.
• In charge of defining public policies regarding media strategies and shaping the image of the government. In charge of engaging, informing, and influencing key international audiences. Daily interaction with top government officials, Secretaries of State and ministers as needed. Collaborated with department heads and all government offices as team leader. Frequent interaction with international government officials and operations teams, gaining comprehensive knowledge of the political, economic, cultural, and social conditions of the entire Latin American region.
• Supervised and managed the entire presidency’s Press staff.
• Demonstrated excellence in crafting and executing strategic and customized media relations.
11/2001-9/2002 Embassy of Peru, 1700 Massachusetts Avenue, Washington, DC 20016.
In charge of all the external profile, raising efforts to attain the goals of the embassy’s ambitious strategic plan. Responsible for providing strategic and tactical planning to advance the Peruvian Government’s foreign policy goals, conducting press briefings for domestic and foreign press corps, producing Video News Releases, to be broadcasted via satellite to Peruvian TV stations nationwide. Writing and producing Press Releases. Managing staff of three plus interns.
2000-2001 Viajo.Com. 45 Alhambra Plaza, Coral Gables, Florida 33134, USA.
In charge of researching, developing, editing, producing and writing content for Latin America’s and US Hispanic markets Spanish travel website (us.despegar.com/homes/homeusms.html)
the leading portal in the region specialized in online bookings and travels. Responsible for designing and implementing strategic alliances with content providers around the world. Supervised translation of content from English into Spanish. Raised registered users from 20,000 to 175,000 in a period of three months.
1997-1999 Latin American Pay Television, 3845 Pleasantdale, Rd. Atlanta GA
Editorial Director and Copy Editor
Responsible for Editorial Content of messages created for Latin America's leading movie channel, which broadcasts in Spanish into 18 Latin American countries (laptv.com). Responsible for creating messages in Spanish that would appeal to international audiences. Proofread scripts, assigned promos and scripts. Supervised producers, videographers and graphic artists. Wrote and produced Original Programming. Wrote and Produced Promos for movies. Initiated and conducted interviews with actors, actresses, producers and directors. Translated interviews, sound bites and movie clips from English into Spanish, creating Spanish language subtitles for Spanish speaking audiences. Edited promos in non-linear format. Worked at state-of-the-art production, and post- production facilities.
1995-1996 CNN, Atlanta, Georgia
Copy Editor CNN Espanol
Supervised and approved scripts from writers and world correspondents to be broadcasted on CNN´s Spanish service to Latin American countries. In charge of quality control for form and content.
1989-1994 El Diario La Prensa. Varick Street, New York City, NY.
Editorial Page Editor, International News Editor, Editorial Writer
Responsible for editing and approving stories for Editorial Page. Researched and wrote stories on international subjects (eldiariony.com/noticias/index.aspx). Writing editorial pieces for this US Spanish newspaper, with a daily circulation of 250,000 copies, reaching the Hispanic population of New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.
1991-1992 Whittle Communications, New York, New York City.
Freelance Copy Editor/Writer “La Familia de Hoy” Magazine
Supervised and edited copy of feature entertainment stories for Spanish Magazine directed to
US Hispanic market.
1990-1993 “Si” and “Caretas” Peruvian Current Affairs’ and Political Magazines.
Freelance New York Correspondent
Researched, wrote, and produced feature stories on political issues, current events and cultural events in the US for two award winning national Peruvian magazines (caretas.com.pe). Conducted interviews in Spanish and English with a wide variety of subjects, from foreign dignitaries, to government representatives, world political leaders or cultural leaders known worldwide.
1989 – 1988 HITN, TV. New York, NY.
In charge of all in-house and outside productions. Supervised all technical and production crews. Prepared budgets and production schedules. Responsible for live production of conferences and news events. Produced Public Service Announcement and Fund-raising corporate videos.
1987 TV Network, Andina de Radiodifusión, Lima, PERU.
Co-Director and Editor for TV Drama Series “Malahierba”, Channel 9, TV Network
100 one-hour narrative episodes. Highest ratings during prime time. Broadcasted to international Spanish speaking audiences including Telemundo’s, Channel 47 WNJU-TV, New Jersey. Awarded Best Production by "Circle of Entertainment Critics".
1986 TV Network, Panamericana Television Lima, PERU.
Director and Editor for TV Police Drama Series “Gamboa” , Channel 5, TV Network
30 One-hour narrative episodes. Broadcasted to international Spanish speaking audiences including Univision’s, Channel 41, WXTV, New Jersey.
1985 TV Network, Andina de Radiodifusion Lima, PERU.
Chief Editor for TV News Magazines “Uno Mas Uno”, “La Semana” and “Documento”.
Editor in Chief for three weekly TV newsmagazines broadcasted nationwide. Supervised reporters and producers for content. Assigned stories as necessary. Edited video and audio of stories to be aired. Obtained highest ratings for prime time news programs.
1989 - 1988 Screenplay and development of Curfew feature film project. Invited to the Sundance Institute’s Screenplay Workshop to develop this film project.
1988 Screenplay and development of JUAN DE LOS CERROS feature film project.
1987 – 1982 Wrote, directed and edited:
El Primer Salto Documentary. 15'; 16mm; Color; 1987
El Carnaval De Cajamarca Documentary. 15'; 16mm; Color; 1986
Desaparecidos Music Video. 7'; 3/4; Video; 1986
El Rey De Las Azoteas Short Fiction. 15'; 16mm; Color; 1985
Taxi Short Fiction. 10'; 16mm; Color; 1984
Tierra Roja Documentary. 15'; 16mm; B/W; 1983
Creación Heroica Documentary. 15'; 16mm; B/W; 1983
1. FILM AWARDS:
Special Exhibition at the II FILM & VIDEO FESTIVAL AT RIO DE JANEIRO; BRASIL; 1986
Selected to participate at the INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SCREENING CONFERENCE (INPUT'88); Philadelphia; USA; 1988
Awarded BEST VIDEO at the I NATIONAL VIDEO FESTIVAL; PERU; 1986.
El Rey De Las Azoteas:
Awarded BEST FILM at the I NATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL sponsored by the Peruvian Filmmakers Association; 1985
Awarded Honorable Mention by the AMAZONIC FILM FESTIVAL, Iquitos, PERU, 1984
Awarded Third Prize by the IV NATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, sponsored by the Tele Education Center at Catholic University; PERU; 1983
2. JOURNALISM AWARDS:
• Awarded FIRST PRIZE by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HISPANIC PUBLICATIONS, in its Sixth Annual Hispanic Print Media Awards, for Outstanding Reporting on Latin America - Cultural; USA, 1994
• Awarded HONORABLE MENTION by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HISPANIC PUBLICATIONS, in its Sixth Annual Hispanic Print Media Awards, for Outstanding Reporting on Latin America - Political/Economic; USA, 1994
• Awarded HONORABLE MENTION by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF HISPANIC PUBLICATIONS, in its Fifth Annual Hispanic Print Media Awards, for Outstanding Reporting on Latin America - Political/Economic; USA, 1993
3. LITERATURE AWARDS:
• Awarded BEST STORY at the yearly Literary Contest “El Cuento de las Mil Palabras”, sponsored by the Peruvian magazine CARETAS (1997).
• Awarded BEST STORY at the yearly Literary Contest "El Cuento de las Mil Palabras", sponsored by the Peruvian magazine CARETAS (1992)
• Awarded BEST STORY at the yearly Literary Contest at the Catholic University of Peru (1972, 1973, 1974)
• Awarded BEST STORY at the International Literary Contest "Jose Maria Arguedas" ,sponsored by the Argentinean publishing house Ateneo (1971)
“Destellos Digitales” (Book) Included in Anthology of Peruvian Writers in USA
Hostos Community College of New York, pp. 260-263
Regular Editorial Contributor Newspapers “El Comercio” and “La Republica”, in Lima, PERU
Magazine “Caretas” in Lima, PERU
American University Master Candidate of International Service MIS
School of International Service (SIS) 2005
Catholic University Lima, PERU
General Studies, 1973
• Bilingual: Superior written and verbal communications skills in Spanish and English.
• Conversational knowledge of Portuguese.
• Experience in Web production, political campaigns.
• Trained in Avid Media Composer editing. Digital Solutions, Atlanta, GA, January 1999.
• Proficient in Windows 2000, Microsoft Word, Access, Power Point, Project Manager and all PC applications and software.
• Proficient in Mac OS X Leopard and all applications
Member of Official Delegation of President Toledo’s Head of State visits to:
Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Vatican City, France, Italy and England.
Attended World Conferences:
• 2002 Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Mexico, Los Cabos, 10th APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting
• 2003 World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland, Global Governance Meeting
• Attended Promax US Annual Conference,
Los Angeles, June 1997
Chicago, June 1998
Alejandro Toledo, former President of Peru
Roberto Danino, Former Vice President World Bank Group
Louis Goodman, Dean of the School of International Service, American University
Jose Miguel Vivanco, Executive Director, Human Rights Watch