The Society for the Activation of Social Space through Art and Sound (SASSAS) is a 501c3 non profit which:
1. Supports local experimental musicians through workshops, concerts and soundShoppe, a monthly open jam.
2. Presents experimental musicians living elsewhere who have not had the opportunity to perform in Los Angeles.
3. Extends the audiences for the musicians we've presented by distributing concerts via YouTube and our streaming concert archive.
4. Guarantees musicians compensation for their labor.
5. Provides audiences with the best in experimental sound from around the world!
The primary SASSAS programs are:
"sound." - concerts of experimental music, often in unconventional locations.
soundNet recordings - CDs featuring excerpts from concerts
soundShoppe - an informal, monthly gathering for the Los Angeles experimental sound community co-sponsored by Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock.