Staten Island Arts cultivates a sustainable and diverse cultural community for the people of Staten Island by:
* Making the arts accessible to every member of the community.
* Supporting and building recognition for artistic achievement.
* Providing artists, organizations, and arts educators the technical, financial and social resources to encourage cultural production.
We do this by working hand-in-hand on arts and humanities projects with individual artists, community leaders, cultural and community-based organizations, large and small foundations and businesses, schools and governmental agencies. In addition, we offer the following programs and services:
• Grant & Award Programs for individual artists, artist collaborations, folk arts, organizations and schools
• Technical Assistance and Professional Development Workshops and Seminars designed to help artists, artist educators and organizations grow in their disciplines and ability to provide art services to the community. General topics include grants instruction, project/proposal development, finding or establishing a venue, and producing events.
• Marketing and Promotion Assistance and how to access different avenues to promote programs and exhibitions, including contact lists for government officials.
• Artist Registry and Artist Opportunities for member artists
• Networking Opportunities where artists of all disciplines can share their work, discuss current projects, create collaborations and talk about issues.
• Membership and Advisory Committees are forums where Staten Island Arts invites comments from its members and the arts community to assess the effectiveness of its outreach, programs and discuss ways SIA can better serve its stakeholders.
• Weekly E-mail Blasts that offer a comprehensive calendar listing of Staten Island cultural activities
Let's be friends! Become a fan of Staten Island Arts on Facebook or follow us on Twitter!