Andres F. Pruna
2005-2006 Emmy Award WInner (San Francisco Regional), Best Producer, Cultural Show
2013 Edward R. Murrow Award Regional Winner, Producer/Editor, Best News Series.
2013 RTNA Golden Mike, Best Editor, Special Segment
2013 People's Telly Bronze Award: La Otra California
2013 Bronze Telly-Shark Attack-Promotional Piece
2013 LA Press Club Nomination for best Entertainment News or Feature- Las Limpias and Los Verdaderos Vaqueros.
2014 RTNA Golden Mike, Best Editor, Special Segment
2014 RTNA Golden Mike Best Light News Reporting (Producer/Editor)
2014 Bronze Telly-LAPD Story
2014 Bronze Telly-Raices de Bronce
- Produced specials for Univision34 (KMEX) in Los Angeles for sweeps.
- Produced nationally syndicated TV shows “LatinEyes” and “Tu Musica.”
- Filmed and produced documentaries and TV shows on location in Latin America, with countries including Peru, Argentina, Mexico, Guatemala and the Amazon rainforest.
- Executive Producer of LatinEyes, half-hour TV show exploring Latino culture in the U.S. and abroad.
- Multiple regional Emmy Award nominations from 2001 to 2007. Nominated 2002 through 2008 for L.A.'s Imagen Award; 2004 Kudos Award, “Best Cultural Affairs for Women in Radio and TV."
- 2006 Emmy Award winner, Producer, “Best Public / Current Affairs,” Northern California.
- Los Angeles and San Francisco, 1999-Present
Freelance editor, morning and evening news, for various stations: KCBS, KRON, KPIX and KGO-TV in San Francisco, in Los Angeles KABC and Univision.
- 12 + years experience as freelance news editor
- Considered fast and proficient, good on deadline.
- Expertise with Final Cut Pro, non-linear Aurora NewsEdit system, Avid and Velocity by Harris.
- Edit breaking news, packages, specials, promos and sizzle reels.
- Occasional Media Manager for past 3 years at ABC News in L.A. (supervising video quality prior to airing on news broadcast).
- Experienced camera operator, versatile and used to working in extreme environments (the Amazon jungle, Hollywood red carpets, and all other kinds of mayhem).
- Bilingual English - Spanish, spoken and written.
- Certified SCUBA diver, with underwater filming experience.
- Covered other positions as needed including camera operator and producer.
- Current passport, available for national and international travel
B.A. in Cinematography (Santa Barbara, CA)
Gladly provided upon request.