Index (Indechs): Something that serves to guide, point out, or otherwise facilitate reference. - an archive - Index is a new platform for Art, Architecture, Design, Film and Literature. indechs.org
( N D KS )
n. pl. in·dex·es or in·di·ces (-d-sz)
1. Something that serves to guide, point out, or otherwise facilitate reference.
2. Something that reveals or indicates; a sign.
3. A character used in printing to call attention to a particular paragraph or section.
4. An indicator or pointer, as on a scientific instrument.
5. Communication Arts / Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding, an alphabetical list of persons, places, subjects, etc.