A musician and a painter for a long time, I focus on video art and audiovisual performances to make my two favorite medium meet: sound and image.
At the origin of each of my creations, musicality plays a role as important as image does and each one influences the other by transmediality.
The result is a series of experimental works where sound and image are so inseparable that the one without the other would lose its meaning.
I particularly appreciate using short sequences (samples) and repeat them all along my experimentations, wishing to transfigure commonplaces into coherent work.
The sequences are treated as mere utensils, found objects, used to create visual and musical compositions at a time.
Unlike Scriabine's, Kandinsky's or even Schoenberg's works with whom I identify, neither sound or image come first ; the two mediums take birth in a same creative impulse intended to be reactivated... more on franetjim.free.fr/
Main screenings :
- ARTAQ 2012 (with Mention from the jury)
- COLOGNE OFF
- DIGITAL GRAFFITI (I won the most innovative work prize with "Neons Melody")
- VIDEOFORMES 2012 - Clermont-Ferrand
- TRAVERSE VIDEO 2013
- ART SOUTERRAIN 2012 - Montréal
- BERLIN INTERNATIONAL DIRECTORS LOUNGE 8
- MADATAC 03 and 04 - Madrid
- KLEX 2011 and 2012 - Kuala Lumpur
- 24EMES and 25EMES INSTANTS VIDEO
- PIXELPOPS 2011 - Paris
- VAFA (Video Art For All) 2011 and 2012
- NIFF (Naoussa International Film Festival) 2011 and 2012
- K3 International Short Film - Austria
- COLLISION 17 & 18
and many more on franetjim.free.fr/