On July 1, 2010 Governor Ritter signed legislation establishing Colorado Creative Industries as a division of the Office of Economic Development and International Trade. Colorado Creative Industries combines the former Colorado Council on the Arts, the Office of Film, Television and Media and the Art in Public Places Program. Our new strategic plan will carry on our most effective programs and services, but it will also incorporate new approaches to support Colorado’s creative sector.
Mission: to promote, support and expand the creative industries to drive Colorado’s economy, grow jobs, and enhance our quality of life.
Program Priorities: Our programs and services will focus on five key ways we can help the creative sector thrive:
1. Increase access to direct financial support.
2. Expand and create professional development and networking opportunities.
3. Promote Colorado nationally and internationally as a premiere creative hub.
4. Increase access to arts and creativity skills in P-20 education and workforce development.
5. Stimulate increased support for the sector by local governments and coalitions.