The Jane Goodall Institute of Canada supports wildlife research, education and conservation. The Institute promotes informed and compassionate action to improve the environment shared by all Earth's living creatures.
The objectives of the Institute are:
* Increase Canadian awareness of and compassion for the plight of endangered animals, with a focus on chimpanzees.
* Foster public understanding of the interconnected nature of the human, animal and ecological community.
* Increase support for habitat and species conservation, particularly for wild chimpanzees.
* Promote activities that ensure the well-being of wild and captive chimpanzees.
* Provide training in and support for environmental and humanitarian education and action.
* Inspire and engage Canadians to take action in local and global environmental and humanitarian initiatives.