My philosophy (practice and teaching) relates to an understanding of the fundamental design principles such as visual language (colour, form, structure, composition, etc), typography and information design.
• I have organised exhibitions such as Siegfred Odermatt's 100+3 Poster Exhibition at the University of the Arts London
• I organised the International Society of Typographic Designers (ISTD) lecture series between 2000 and 2003.
• I am on the ISTD Education Committee and I am an assessor at the ISTD Student Assessment
• I have a Certificate in First Line Management
• I have a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching
• I have external examiner experience
• I have reviewed academic writing for Sage Publishing and AVA Academia Publishing
• I am a University of the Arts London approved Chair of Exam Boards and Validations
• I run short courses for mature students converting career, seeking professional development and wanting a bridging course to Masters study (see links below)
• I publish here: tonypritchard.wordpress.com/
- Tony Pritchard's Blog - This is where I write about graphic design and education
- My part-time PgCert course - This is a short course in graphic design for mature students converting career and seeking professional development. The students come from different academic backgrounds such a music, architecture, acting, fine art, genetics, economics and law
- My full-time PgDip course - The students on this graphic design course come from Canada to Russia and all the countries in between. They have diverse non-design backgrounds