What is a neutral density filter? Featured
A neutral density filter may sound like some sort of fancy starship technology, but it's actually just a piece of glass you can attach to the end of your camera lens. Find out what it is and why it's sometimes used in capturing imagery.
Introduction to DSLR Cameras
New to shooting with a DSLR? Maybe you're thinking about getting one? We'll teach you the differences between DSLR cameras and help you decide which one's best for you!
DSLR Video Importing & Conversion
How to import your DSLR video footage to your computer and converted into an editing friendly format.
Want to learn how to make a timelapse video? Look no further, we have several, made by some of the best video wizards on Vimeo. Check it out!
Recording sound for DSLRs
Recording high quality sound for your DSLR can be tricky business. Here are a few ways to help you record.
The tilt-shift effect. What is it? What does it mean? How do you do it? All your questions answered in this tell all lesson!
Monopod Mania Featured
Monopods, they aren't the jealous cousins of their more multi-limbed cousins, tripods. No, they are a force of camera stabilization to reckon with and can help take your shooting to another level. Learn how to use one along with some other cool tricks in this lesson.
Behind the Glass Part 3: Depth of Field Featured
What do a barbarian and an astronaut have in common? They both want to teach you about depth of field. Don't believe us? Read on!
The Phoenix Group works closely with Canon to develop short tutorials on the use of specific features of all the new EOS cameras. These on-camera tutorials are housed on the Canon Digital…
Shooting Video on the Canon 7D - Presets (7/9)
- Setting up the C1-C3 presets for video shooting Based on the excellent video tutorial by Tyler Ginter http://vimeo.com/7622493 The neutral picture style (Saturation -1) is from…
Shooting Video on the Canon 7D - Exposure Triangle (5/9)
- Shutter Speed - Using the Exposure Triangle in video Tutorial Playlist: http://vimeo.com/album/203339 Handout: http://d.pr/f/pISd This video tutorial was originally created…
Shooting Video on the Canon 7D - Production Techniques (9/9)
- Battery - Using the Manual Focus - Live Histogram - FACES Checklist Tutorial Playlist: http://vimeo.com/album/203339 Handout: http://d.pr/f/pISd This video tutorial was…
Shooting Video on the Canon 7D - Production Techniques (8/9)
- ND Fader - Rode VideoMic vs In-camera Mic Tutorial Playlist: http://vimeo.com/album/203339 Handout: http://d.pr/f/pISd This video tutorial was originally created as a hands-on…
Shooting Video on the Canon 7D - Camera / ISO / Exposure (4/9)
- Canon 7D Camera Walk-through - CF Card / Battery - ISO - AF Quick Mode - Aperture One correction: At 5:02, I mention the 7D records up to 15 minutes which is incorrect. It…
Canon 7D - TV cameraman Matt Jasper unboxes and rigs up his new 7D
TV Network news cameraman Matt Jasper unboxes and rigs up his new Canon 7D. Products from Canon, Redrockmicro, Genus, Zacuto, Zoom, Sony and Pinknoise systems. More info on www.dslrnewsshooter.com Shot…
Shooting Video on the Canon 7D - More Lenses (3/9)
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Choosing the right lens Sorry the Canon EF 85mm was out of focus. I accidentally focused behind me when I setup the shot. In…
About Video SchoolLearn how to make better videos through lessons, tutorials, and sage advice from us, your friendly personal creativity consultants. Lessons are created by the Vimeo staff, oftentimes using tutorial videos from the Vimeo community.
You are currently viewing the Video School category DSLR. You can browse all the categories below.
Browse by Category
Submit Your Tutorial
Most of the video tutorials in our Video School lessons come from Vimeo members. If you have a tutorial you'd like to share, please submit it here.