We like to keep our finger on the pulse of how the social networks are growing and changing, as content and social are core to all of our clients campaigns. We run masterclasses on the golden rules of social media marketing every few months and find ourselves having to update the content literally every time we run them due to the rapid rate of change in this area.
As a result, we’ve pulled together some useful statistics that aim to summarise the changes in the social media sphere below:
• There are now 1.28 billion users of Facebook, up from 1.1 billion a year ago.
• Twitter has added more than 500 million registered users and Google+ more than 200 million active users over the last year
• One of the more youthful forms of social media is Instagram, with 23% of teens listing the picture sharing service as their favourite social network.
• Instagram is the fastest growing social medium, having added 50 million users over the last six months (this time last year it was Pinterest)
• 172,800 new users join LinkedIn every day, 2.5 times the number who attended the World Cup opening ceremony in Brazil.