City of Salisbury
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
July 15, 2014 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Mayor Pro Tem Blackwell.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Mayor to proclaim the following observance:
CHICKWEED – CELEBRATING INDESTRUCTIBLE
July 13-19, 2014
6. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of June 17, 2013 and the Special Meeting of June 23, 2014.
(b) Receive an application from Mr. Shawn Wheeler for a permit to operate a pool hall located at 122 Avalon Drive, and set a public hearing for August 5, 2014.
(c) Receive an application from Ms. Glenda Zambrano for a permit to operate a pool hall located at 2168 Statesville Boulevard, and set a public hearing for August 5, 2014.
(d) Receive a Certificate of Sufficiency from the City Clerk regarding the voluntary annexation of 25 acres on Julian Road and adopt a RESOLUTION setting a public hearing for August 5, 2014.
(e) Adopt a Budget ORDINANCE Amendment to the FY2014-2015 budget in the amount of $400,000 to appropriate an Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields Grant.
7. Council to consider adopting a RESOLUTION approving the Local Water Supply Plan for the City of Salisbury, and a RESOLUTION approving the Local Water Supply Plan for the Town of China Grove.
8. Council to consider adopting the revised Rowan County and City of Salisbury Local Coordinated Plan for Transit.
9. Council to consider adopting the revised Title VI Plan for the Salisbury Transit System.
10. Council to consider membership renewal of the Cabarrus/Iredell/Rowan HOME Consortium Cooperation Agreement.
11. Council to consider a request for temporary use of the public right-of-way for four parking spaces adjacent to 120 North Church Street beginning July 2, 2014 and expiring October 2, 2014, and for three parking spaces adjacent to 113-117 North Main Street beginning July 2, 2014 and expiring January 2, 2015.
12. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
13. Council to receive public comments.
14. Interim City Manager’s Comments.
15. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) The Rowan Convention and Visitors Bureau will host Krazy Night Out Friday, July 18, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. in downtown Salisbury.
(b) The 17th Annual Run/Walk for the Greenway 5K and Half-Mile Fun Run will be held at the Salisbury Greenway, Saturday, July 19, 2014. Register at sportoften.com until 12 noon July 18, 2014. Contact 704 216-PLAY (7529) for additional information.
(c) The Salisbury Parks and Recreation Department will host “Movies in the Park” at City Park Friday, July 25, 2014. Pre-movie activities begin at 8:00 p.m. The movie will begin at approximately 9:00 p.m. Bring a blanket or chair to watch the featured movie “Free Birds.” This free event is sponsored by Fibrant and open to the public.
(d) The new summer Bell Tower Concert Series will be held on the second and third Thursday of each month from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. through October 16, 2014. The July 17, 2014 concert will feature music from the Seth Thomas Band and Divided by Four. Bring a blanket or chair and enjoy this great time for the whole family. This free event is sponsored by Guitar USA.
(e) Other announcements.
Council meetings are streamed live at salisburync.gov/webcast