Study 5 of 13 on The Teachings of Jesus
“Imagine if Christ got to the well, looked down at the woman, and went “you adulterous excuse for a woman. Get thee to an altar and fast, pray, and sacrifice immediately.” He didn’t. His method of ministry was relational. Like a Shepherd watching over his hurt flock, it made all the difference to those who were lost.”—Falvo Fowler
Scriptural Basis: Zech. 3:1–5; Matt. 22:2–14; Luke 5:27–32; 13:1–5; 14:25–27; John 8:30, 31.
Key Text: “ ‘As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life’ ” (John 3:14, 15, NKJV).
1. In what ways have you personally experienced God’s love?
2. What is the proper role of guilt in a Christian’s life?
3. Jesus told a woman “ ‘Your faith has saved you’ ” (Luke 7:50). Does our faith save us?
4. Why must we be careful in understanding the role of faith in regard to prayer, especially about healing?
5. In the parable of the wedding (Matt. 22:2–14), why did the king want to be sure that every guest had the wedding garment for the feast?
6. Why must we always understand that our salvation comes only from the covering that Christ gives us as a gift?