More info: campbellcameras.com/Campbell_Cameras_525_Hunter.html?sc=31&category=64
The 525 Hunter reaches a maximum height of just over 5', and thanks to the independent leg spread and 2-part center column it can operate at a very low working height of just over 7".
The Magnesit tripod comes with an additional short center column that enables the tripod to be used for extreme macro work, when the short center column is put in "upside-down", or when the tripod is used at it's lowest position, where the normal center column would hit the ground.
The 525 is named the 'Magnesit' because of its extensive use of magnesium in the casings and fittings. Magnesium's a light and stable metal, helping to contribute to the quite tolerable weight of under 4 pounds, an excellent number for this class of aluminum-based tripod.
• Magnesium and aluminum alloy combination
• Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
• Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
• Retractable spikes for use upon soft ground
• Weight hook at bottom of center column for aided stability
• Crown designed with ridges that perfectly mate to underside of Cullmann's Magnesit ball heads
• Maximum upper leg diameter of 25mm