**Please note there is an error with the audio in this video. The audio however is the same as the Severe Amount video @ http://bit.ly/1sIrGbq thusly the only differences are visual, not auditory.**
The shown video is intended as a proof of concept for educational computer simulation, In My Shoes, with it’s bio-feedback game mechanic. Rather than simply see or hear what it is like (POV) to have a disorder, you, the player, will begin to internalize this physiologically and truly feel what it is like to walk in their shoes.
A simple viewer test can be done by:
1) Turning off any lights you may have on and maximize your computer sound level to a comfortable level.
2) Begin watching the above video, but only once.
3) After you have finished watching the video, did you feel any of the following:
- Difficulty with concentration.
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or helplessness.
- Anger, confusion, dizzy, embarrassment, fatigue, irritability, isolation or nauseous.
Secondary questions for additional validation:
Did you feel the man was laughing at you?
What direction where you walking?
Was the girl frightened by you?
If you felt at least 2-3+ of the above symptoms and/or began to feel the NPC’s where mocking/fearing you in-game, then the bio-feedback game mechanic successfully did it’s job.
Further information can be found @