Point: A life of obedience is the best sacrifice anyone could ever offer.
Scripture: 1 Samuel 2:35; 7:3-4; 8:1-22; 13:8-14; 15:1-23;
1. What do people usually mean when they use the phrase, “with all my heart”?
2. Read 1 Sam. 7:3-4. As Samuel calls for repentance He tells them to return with their heart then their actions.
Why do you think this order of repentance is important?
3. Read Sam. 8:19-20. Why is giving our hearts to other people even leaders easier than trusting Jesus with our hearts?
4. Read 1 Sam. 13:8-13. Why do we think that somehow we can still be devoted to God in the midst of our disobedience?
5. Read 1 Sam. 15:22-23. Why do you think obedience is better that sacrifice? How is a life of obedience the ultimate sacrifice?