Pastor Obed Martinez
August 3, 2014
Philippians 1:6 (NKJV)
7 Piniciples of Leadership through Philippians
Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; - PHILIPPIANS 1:6 (NKJV)
My heart is overflowing with a good theme I recite my composition concerning the King; my tongue is the pen of a ready writer. – PSALMS 45:1 (NKJV)
Four Principles of Planning
1. DON’T PLAN PASSIVELY
By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. – HEBREWS 11:7 (NKJV)
2. DON’T PLAN IN PANIC MODE
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. – JEREMIAH 29:11 (NLT)
3. DON’T PLAN WITHOUT PURPOSE
Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails. – PROVERBS 19:21 (NIV)
Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” – MATTHEW 4:19 (NKJV)
****THE OUTCOME ALWAYS DRIVES THE OBJECTIVE
4. DON’T PLAN BEYOND PRINCIPLES
17 Listen carefully to my wisdom; take to heart what I can teach you. You'll treasure its sweetness deep within; 18 you'll give it bold expression in your speech. 19 To make sure your foundation is trust in God, I'm laying it all out right now just for you. 20 I'm giving you thirty sterling principles - tested guidelines to live by. 21 Believe me - these are truths that work, and will keep you accountable to those who sent you. – PROVERBS 22:17-21 (Message)
The Seven Pitfalls In Planning
1. Over-complicating your steps and not simplifying your strategy.
2. Trying to Make to many choices at one-time, or focusing on potential on missed opportunities.
3. Wasting time on indecisiveness and worrying to much about making mistakes.
4. Cluttering the “hard drive” of your mind with unnecessary data.
5. Refusing to eliminate the “non essentials” of being trapped by trivial pursuits.
6. Involvement with people who drain your energy and tie up your time.
7. Procrastinating on projects that need your immediate focus and attention.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?