This video shows how to setup web2py (your web development framework with web0based IDE), python (interpreter), mod_wsgi (for speed), apache (web server), postfix (for sending emails), postgresql (production quality relational database), matplotlib (for plots), reportlab (for PDF generation) self signed ssl certficate (for https) on a Virtual Private Server in the Cloud in 6 minutes.
The complete code types in the video is:
chmod +x setup-web2py-ubuntu.sh
VPS.net hosts a cloud of Virtual Private Servers:
- easy compared with other solutions
- choose UK or US data centers
- choose how many nodes you need
- choose from a variety of images
- monitor bandwidth and cpu online
- data is stored on RAID10 with automatic daily+weekly+monthly backups.
- fast, turning a vps on/off takes few seconds.
- in my experience they have a very responsive team