HAPTER is an indipendent brand of designer glasses inspired by a pair of military goggles worn during the Great World War, which were recovered in 2009 within the Dolomite mountains.
HAPTER | THE ORIGIN is a three-minute production which transmits the atmosphere and visual grandeur that influenced the concept of HAPTER glasses, created through a special fusion of surgical stainless steel and high-end fabrics by Lanificio F.lli Cerruti.
The video was filmed in two locations of great symbolic importance, settings which are both cruel and magnificent, which represent the culture of sacrifice and victory of mankind over its limits.
- 5 Torri, Cortina d’Ampezzo – Italy (Five Towers, Cortina D’Ampezzo): a symbolic location of the Dolomites, recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Location for their beauty and their testimony of harsh battle during the Great World War;
- Valle Imperina Mining Centre, Rivamonte Agordino - Italy: a copper mining centre where from the 15th century to the 1960s, the metal was extracted, worked and transformed.
The narrative structure is a weave of two different temporal spaces, and running through them is one romantic hero: in one time context, he is involved in mountaineering exploration, and in the other he is immersed in the meditation that characterises the art of hand-crafting glasses.
The film is directed by HAPTER creative team, supported by FERTYLIZE, a talented team of local film-makers, and Rico Product, expert mountain film-maker and friend. All sequences were performed by local Mountain Guide, Andrea Cattarossi.
Many people, groups and friends collaborated to realize this video, in particular:
- Scuola di Sci di Falcade, supplying the actor’s clothes and cap;
- Fondazione Angelini, supplying the old rucksack and old climbing tools;
- CAI (Club Alpino Italiano) di Agordo, for providing us with the amazing alpenstock (old ice axe)
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?