This is an introductory module on solar energy. It specifically looks at the solar potential for energy. Topics include:
* Solar energy as source of many other energy sources
* Solar power hitting the earth, and comparison with scale of human energy use
* Definition of terms: Irradiance, insolation, and solar irradiation
* very brief definition of PV and CSP as primary methods for capturing solar energy for electricity
* variation of solar insolation available across globe, across seasons, and across technologies (PV vs. CSP)
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?