Point: A life that is separated from Jesus will always be rooted in a separated heart.
Scripture: 1 Samuel 16:13-23; 1 Samuel 18:6-30; Eph. 4:17-32
1. Why do you think worship music makes people, even non-Christian, feel better?
2. Read 1 Sam. 16:23 and 1 Sam. 18:10-11. Why do you think worship music wasn’t “working” for Saul anymore?
3. Read Eph. 4:17-19. The life described here has at its core a hard heart (separated from Jesus). What is the “cure” for a hard heart? Explain your answer.
4. Read Eph. 4:20-24. This tells us, “the truth is in Jesus”. According to that truth how does a repentant heart lead to a renewed mind? How does a renewed mind lead to life with Jesus?
5. What are you doing about all this in your life?