About 2 years ago I was dancing at Orchids Theatre and had an idea for a routine which was pretty ambitious for me. I went to my ace tech person Jemma and outlined it and she essentially created the SL version of an animatronic stage prop. She scripted a cat head and paws which could rise up from below the stage and "attack" a bird cage.
At the time The Artiste was in its infancy. There was no sequencer, no autofx as you would recognize it today, no palettes. My dance routine had to go into a dance HUD. The animated items had to be controlled by an external HUD and triggered manually. However, I got everything set up and Jemz had done an amazing job.
The advances in The Artiste over the last couple of years are pretty astounding. The ideas just kept rolling in and assimilating themselves into the whole. Suddenly it's a whole new world. I decided that it would be a good test to try this routine again and see if I could get it the way I originally wanted it.
What you are seeing in the video is the result of only a few hours work in total.
To read more, see our blog: