Mapfish-print is a library and web-application for printing maps and reports using data from multiple online web mapping solutions like WMS, WMTS, OSM, WFS, GeoJson, etc...
The project is now nearly a decade old and is being used by a large number of websites. However, there are limitations to the original design, including the inability to have more than one map in a page, limited formatting and output restricted to PDF (in practical terms).
Mapfish-print V3 is the result of a major change in the underlying implementation. Thanks to integration with Jasper Reports and the new pluggable architecture the new version of Mapfish print is more powerful, flexible and scalable than ever before.
This talk will be targeted at the primarily website developers and managers will look at:
* The new features present in the new version
* How to use the new features
* How to use the report designer
* Examples of advanced formatting
* How to upgrade from previous versions
* The design decisions that allow mapfish-print to be a more scalable solution
* A very high level look at the ways the application can be extended by a developer for a specific vertical