I took this on my new laptop in sociology class yesterday. I was pretending I was taking notes on the laptop. Here are the actual notes I took:
These are my sociology notes. They are ghey, says AA.
Code quiz thursday.
Dr. Heck just quoted Led Zeppelin’s stairway to heaven.
- an interrelated system (configuration) of social roles and norms.
- each institution focuses on specific social needs.
- in a conceptual pure sense, institutions are components of culture. Consequentially institutions are NOT groups or organizations.
- I just realized these notes I typed are on the handout Dr. Heck handed to us. I wasted my time.
a. legitimize sexual intercourse
b. provide affection
c. replenishment (making kiddos)
d. maintenance (taking care of the effing kiddos)
f. social placement
g. economic cooperation
2. Definition: consists of people who consider themselves related by blood, marriage or adoption
3. Kinship terms
a. nuclear (conjugal) family
b. extended (consanguineal) family
You should fuck the shut up.
3. mate selection rules
a. endogamy (within a particular group)
b. exogamy (outside a certain group)
c. egalitarian (democratic)
I’m never going to look at these notes again.
5. marriage patterns