Welcome to The Sight Word Adventure, a fun-filled game where children can learn to recognize, read, and write up to 320 sight words!
The beloved game of Hide-and-Seek is the central point of the app because it symbolically explores the cognitive skills necessary to remember sight words such as: visual attention, the morphology of the forest setting (i.e. the letters in a word), active listening, and of course visual memorization.
Developed with the The English Common Core State Standards in mind, this app will ensure that children have increased exposure to high frequency words that appear in text. These interactions will enable them to acquire the words into their long term memory. Our list was chosen based on Dolch’s and Fry’s compilations which account for over 50% of words that appear in printed text.
Recommended Ages 3-8
• 7 timeless mini-games
• 320 sight words spread across 5 levels (PreK- Grade 3)
• Algorithm that chooses words based on Hermann Ebbinghaus’ memory theories
• Choose to play with UPPERCASE or lowercase letters
• Personalized and customizable play to include specific sight words chosen by parents or teachers
• Multi-user interface
• Accessible to children with disabilities (VoiceOver compatible)
• Secure gaming environment: No ads, no external links, no in-app purchase, no social media access, no personal information request
• Real time dashboard to track progress
• Bright, colourful, and encouraging characters
• Clear, concise instructions
• Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
• Available on Google Play and Amazon App-Shop
Seven Academy’s mission is to provide children with enjoyable early-learning activities using the latest technologies. Our team members, many of whom are young parents or teachers, strive to produce learning tools that motivate and inspire children to learn.
We take your child’s privacy very seriously, for this reason, we are proud to offer a product that is certified COPPA compliant by Privo.
CONNECT WITH US!
If you have any support requests, comments, or questions do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Seven Academy Online Community at sevenacademy.com. We’d love to hear from you!