For our fifth chapter of the FRAME interview series we took a short day trip to visit Jan Kole of Colossi, the custom frame builders based here in Asia for an exclusive interview.
Jan Kole, who is originally from one of the epicenters of the cycling world, Holland, founded Colossi in 2005 to help bring custom hand made bikes to all. Primarily made in steel, but his workshop also has experience that handles aluminum. Jan himself is an ex-pro road cyclist, is no stranger to frame building, making custom frames since 1982 and has extensive experience in the cycling industry having worked in it for over 2 decades.
We had a tour of Jan’s workshop and had a chance to sit down and to ask him about how Colossi came about, the love of cycling and steel and his current and future projects.
Thanks to Jan, Livia, Sander and everyone at Colossi for their hospitality.
1. Introduce yourself and a little bit about your background?
2. Can you tell us a bit more about Colossi and what you do?
3. Bike team?
4. What have you been busy with is there anything in the near future you can tell us about?
5. So what's your thoughts about steel made bikes now?
6. Where do you think biking is going to go?
Special Thanks to
Jan Kole colossicycling.com
Livia, Jan's wife
Sander, Jan's son
Release Date : 26 APRIL 2010
[FRAME] Chapter Five crew