WaSnake is a shelf whose topology can be reconfigured to suit any specific space or whim. It is also a luminous digital object and a device for relaying discreet information in the home – comments, addresses, the useful and the playful.
- WaSnake displays SMS messages sent to the home address.
- WaSnake proposes easy presence and communication between homes in a luminous choreography.
- WaSnake displays luminous news-sheets from the user-selected RSS.
- WaSnake enables monitoring of consumer trends for the home.
In ‘digital matter’ inactive mode, it proposes selected or user-created luminous animations, etc.
WaSnake has two objectives:
- propose a communicating object that enables a discreet, fluid and visual experience (digital matter) in the home context;
- create a hybrid, multi-functional object that is both physical and digital.
WaSnake is a furniture accessory in wood and elastomer. It houses a cluster of coloured LEDs and optical fibres that form a screen. The system is linked to a computer and serves as an interface for selecting and creating information and communication channels. It is also an interface for direct physical contact, by which users choose various display protocols. The operating software is composed of independent units (Widgets) each linked to parts of the shelf.