After Sol 1 is a video graphic score inspired by the work of American minimalist artist Sol Le Witt. It was written for the Edges experimental music ensemble at University of Huddersfield in April 2010.
Instructions for playing:
- If not playing you can play with a line as it starts and until it finishes. Don't drop out once started.
- You cannot join once a line has 'properly' started.
- Play means a single note, comfortably sustained.
- Non-sustaining instruments can repeat notes.
- When you notice a line start make a decision to play or not to play. Be aware of this choice and abide by it.
- Blend as a group.