1. Each end of the bar is connected in grooves in the side of the machine, letting you slide up and down while maintaining proper form. It simply latches on so it’s easy to get in and out of position.
2. Position yourself so that the bar is lying on your upper back/shoulder area. If it’s on the neck bone it will feel uncomfortable.
3. Feet out in front, hands holding onto the bar.
4. Begin to lower yourself like you’re sitting in a chair, butt back, until thighs are parallel to floor.
5. Slight arch in the back, weight in heels – make sure to use legs to do work, not your back