Read Genesis 3 together.
1. Lance mentions three tactics of the devil …
A. Causes Eve to Question.
How does he do this? What does he say?
B. Denies the consequences of sin.
How much are you thinking about the consequences of sin when you are disobeying God?
C. The devil claims there are benefits to sin.
When we are going our own way, what are the benefits we are looking for or dreaming of?
2. What did Lance say was Eve’s biggest mistake?
3. Have you ever got into a discussion like the one Eve chose to have with the serpent? How does the conversation start? How does it end?
4. Have you ever asked, “How far can I go before it is sin?” Why is this a dangerous question?
5. What are some areas of your life where you are thinking about jumping the fence? What do you need to change in order to move away from the fence and away from temptation?
6. Lance tells us to flee from the devil. The Bible tells us (James 4:7) to resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Pray for God’s strength to resist temptation and the devil.