HELP! Facing Fear
2 Timothy 1:6-9
by Dr. John Ewart, Intentional Interim Pastor
I. Avoid A Spirit of Fear v. 7
7 Falsehoods leading to Fear
1.I must be loved or approved of by everyone.
2.I must always be perfectly competent.
3. It is a catastrophe when things are not as I want them to be.
4.It is easier to avoid certain difficulties and responsibilities than to face them.
5. My past determines my present and I cannot alter the influence of the past.
6. Fear is caused by outside circumstances over which there is no control.
7. I must dwell on fearsome things continually.
II. Adopt A Spirit of Faithv. 7-8
4 Facts leading to Faith
1. Faith involves grace
2. Faith involves power
3. Faith involves love
4. Faith involves self-control