The main theme of Cafe Neu Romance 2014 was Golem & The Mechanical Man of the Future because the robot performance festival in Prague wanted to mark that in 2014 it was 100 years ago that the Austrian Author Gustav Meyrink wrote The Golem, which popularized the myth on the Prague Golem.
In this video you can some of the participants talks about their works, or hear excerpts from some of the lectures.
You can meet:
- The Theater Director Ivo Kristian Kubak and his opinion on The Golem by Gustav Meyrink.
- Two of Czech animations grand old men, Jiri Barta and Edgar Dutka talk about their Golem project,
- Nigel Ackland from Great Britain demonstrate his Bebionic Hand
- The AI-Professor Jozef Kelemen explain the story on the word Robot, from his lecture with almost the same title
- The American Film Producer Bernie Stern talks about Helicon Arts Cooperative's R.U.R. film project
- Excerpts from lectures and interviews with literary personalities: Louis Armand, Zuzana Husarova and Olga Pek
- Robot Artik
- LEGO Robots created by some of the World's best LEGO MINDSTORMS experts
- Some of the robots that participated in the first edition of the service robotics competition Tour the Stairs
- Live performances by Opificio Sonico and his Toa Mata Band, ::vtol::, and the Beat Blox project by Per Holmquist from Sweden.
- Deputy Ambassador of the Danish Embassy in Prague, Lars Kjellberg, and Zbyněk Pokorný, Director, Dept. of Innovation and Investment, Czech Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Cafe Neu Romance is the World's first international robot performance festival. It took place for the third time at Galerie NTK, Balling Hall at NTK & Institute of Intermedia at CTU in Prague November 26-29 2014. Cafe Neu Romance 2014 was organized by the Danish robot event & marketing company Vive Les Robots! and co-organized by Galerie NTK of the National Technical Library.
For further information on Cafe Neu Romance: