The Renner Methodist Church was dedicated in 1898 in the little railroad town of Renner, Texas, that would later become a part of Dallas. The congregation was dissolved in 1957 and the building was later sold to B. J. Blankenship, who used it as a carpet and wall paper store for many years. The church’s bell was removed from the belfry and went to the Renner Baptist Church, later Preston Highlands Baptist Church. In 1985, Mr. Blankenship donated the church to Farmers Branch Historical Park and a replacement bell was donated for use in the bell tower by Focus Farmers Branch in 1991.
In 2012, Preston Highlands Baptist Church of Richardson contacted the Historical Park about returning the bell to its original home in the Old Church. Historic Preservationist Ron Siebler was awarded the task to repairing the bell and returning it to its original perch.
Now, in the year of the 30th anniversary of bringing the Old Church to the park, its bell has come home and its tones will fill the old familiar space and surrounding areas once more.